The tremendous potential of data to create economic and social value has not been fully tapped, particularly in Africa. Many barriers stand in the way: misaligned incentives, incompatible data systems, as well as lack of trust and coordination across borders. The event would help policymakers understand the potential of data, including how reuse and repurposing of data can promote economic and social development. It will focus on the importance of sound data regulation and polices, particularly related to data protection, cybersecurity, competition, and trade policy, to ensure that data creates value for development. Through the focus of peer-to-peer learning, the series foster cross-country collaboration and knowledge exchange. The webinar series relies on the theoretical foundation laid by the World Development Report 2021 on Data and will complement these by inputs from practitioners with a focus on the African context.
About Open Learning Campus
All registered users of OLC can experience its impact of new features. If you are already registered with OLC you can directly sign in to the new system. If you are a new user then do register to avail of the dynamic learning opportunities from WBG to deepen your knowledge and skills on a variety of development related topics. For example, you will have access to timely resources such as:
- Ted like video talks
- Formal learnings (i.e., Self-paced courses/Facilitated Courses/MOOCs)
- Live events and Knowledge Exchanges
- Communities of Practice
You will have access to an extensive catalog of resources through which you can search and discover relevant learning materials.
How to Access the Course Content
To access the course content, please follow the below registration steps:
- Open https://wbg.edcast.com/
- Navigate to “No account?” and select “Create one!”. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Enter the code that you received via email at the “Enter Code” field. Select “Sign in” to continue with the next step.
- Fill in your First and Last Names and select a preferred communication language. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Select up to five learning goals. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Select up to five skills. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Congratulations and welcome to the OLC! You’ll find additional tips and suggestions inside the “Welcome to the Open Learning Campus” channel at the top of the home page.