The Primary Health Care Performance Initiative (PHCPI), a partnership committed to improve the global state of primary health care (PHC) in low- and middle-income countries through better measurement and knowledge-sharing, is organizing the first training to be held in Washington DC on tools to help standardize and promote better measurements of high-quality PHC. This course will walk participants through a systematic approach to conducting an assessment of a PHC system. This short course, which is closely linked with the ‘Quality of Care at Scale’ one, can benefit country representatives and TTLs and World Bank HNP teams interested in and/or engaged in supporting analytical work or projects related to PHC strengthening. Learning objectives • Review key components of a strong PHC system as articulated in the Vital Signs Profile tool, including financing, capacity (governance & leadership; inputs; population health management; facility organization and management), performance (access, quality, service coverage), equity and outcomes • Familiarize with a systematic approach to assess PHC, looking at innovations in measurement and drawing from a number of quantitative and qualitative data sources to address key performance questions.
About Open Learning Campus
All registered users of OLC can experience its impact of new features. If you are already registered with OLC you can directly sign in to the new system. If you are a new user then do register to avail of the dynamic learning opportunities from WBG to deepen your knowledge and skills on a variety of development related topics. For example, you will have access to timely resources such as:
- Ted like video talks
- Formal learnings (i.e., Self-paced courses/Facilitated Courses/MOOCs)
- Live events and Knowledge Exchanges
- Communities of Practice
You will have access to an extensive catalog of resources through which you can search and discover relevant learning materials.
How to Access the Course Content
To access the course content, please follow the below registration steps:
- Open https://wbg.edcast.com/
- Navigate to “No account?” and select “Create one!”. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Enter the code that you received via email at the “Enter Code” field. Select “Sign in” to continue with the next step.
- Fill in your First and Last Names and select a preferred communication language. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Select up to five learning goals. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Select up to five skills. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Congratulations and welcome to the OLC! You’ll find additional tips and suggestions inside the “Welcome to the Open Learning Campus” channel at the top of the home page.