Information on water, weather and climate is essential to managing the risks and uncertainties of a changing climate. Around the world, communities and countries are already under threat. Across public and private sectors, people need better climate information to make decisions that will help build resilience – this includes food and energy production, transportation and aviation, protection against natural disasters, water supply and sanitation, construction and many more. The delivery of climate information through Weather and Climate Services has become increasingly important – especially in the world’s most vulnerable countries. The need for climate information is urgent, the national institutions providing Weather and Climate Services are far too often underfunded, degraded and weak; resulting in lack of services to the end- users of climate i
About Open Learning Campus
All registered users of OLC can experience its impact of new features. If you are already registered with OLC you can directly sign in to the new system. If you are a new user then do register to avail of the dynamic learning opportunities from WBG to deepen your knowledge and skills on a variety of development related topics. For example, you will have access to timely resources such as:
- Ted like video talks
- Formal learnings (i.e., Self-paced courses/Facilitated Courses/MOOCs)
- Live events and Knowledge Exchanges
- Communities of Practice
You will have access to an extensive catalog of resources through which you can search and discover relevant learning materials.
How to Access the Course Content
To access the course content, please follow the below registration steps:
- Open https://wbg.edcast.com/
- Navigate to “No account?” and select “Create one!”. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Enter the code that you received via email at the “Enter Code” field. Select “Sign in” to continue with the next step.
- Fill in your First and Last Names and select a preferred communication language. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Select up to five learning goals. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Select up to five skills. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Congratulations and welcome to OLC! Select "First Things First" to start your learning journey!