Climate change and disasters pose a growing threat to development. It is essential to identify the related risks early in the preparation stage of development operations and programs, to better integrate appropriate resilience measures to mitigate and cope with these risks. The World Bank Group developed a suite of Climate and Disaster Risk Screening Tools to help development professionals screen for climate change and disaster risks during project preparation and sectoral- and national-level planning. The screening serves as an initial effort to identify opportunities for climate-smart project design. This e-course illustrates how to undertake climate and disaster risk screening using the screening tools developed by the Climate Change Group of the World Bank and using climate information sources including the Climate Change Knowledge Portal and ThinkHazard! The e-course consists of three modules: • Module 1 introduces the background, rationale and process for risk screening. • Module 2 walks through the steps of the screening process, using an investment project example, to demonstrate how to navigate the tools, where to find climate change information and how to determine climate risks. • Module 3 uses a policy development project example to illustrate how to screen climate and disaster risks at a national or policy level.
About Open Learning Campus
All registered users of OLC can experience its impact of new features. If you are already registered with OLC you can directly sign in to the new system. If you are a new user then do register to avail of the dynamic learning opportunities from WBG to deepen your knowledge and skills on a variety of development related topics. For example, you will have access to timely resources such as:
- Ted like video talks
- Formal learnings (i.e., Self-paced courses/Facilitated Courses/MOOCs)
- Live events and Knowledge Exchanges
- Communities of Practice
You will have access to an extensive catalog of resources through which you can search and discover relevant learning materials.
How to Access the Course Content
To access the course content, please follow the below registration steps:
- Open https://wbg.edcast.com/
- Navigate to “No account?” and select “Create one!”. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Enter the code that you received via email at the “Enter Code” field. Select “Sign in” to continue with the next step.
- Fill in your First and Last Names and select a preferred communication language. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Select up to five learning goals. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Select up to five skills. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Congratulations and welcome to the OLC! You’ll find additional tips and suggestions inside the “Welcome to the Open Learning Campus” channel at the top of the home page.