Reneé is a Senior Investment Officer on the Advisory & Partnership team within the Asset Management & Advisory Department. She joined the World Bank in 2007 and grew up in Barbados.
What do you do?
My days are anything but typical. They are project-driven and focus on developing and executing the clients' project plans and the milestones in producing deliverables. I also support the Reserve Advisory & Management Partnership (RAMP) workshop program as a subject matter expert. In this role, I respond to client queries and advise on reserve management topics.
What’s your typical day?
- Plan and prioritize my calendar for the day and coming weeks.
- Develop project plans to address clients' needs.
- Meet with colleagues to determine solutions for a central bank or sovereign wealth fund.
- Deliver virtual or in-person advisory to clients.
- Draft reports to document the progress of the client or to provide suggestions to senior management.
How does your upbringing make you better at work?
My upbringing followed the adage: it takes a village to raise a child with that, I appreciate the importance of teamwork. My mother always imparted words of wisdom, which at the time, I did not always understand or want to hear. Still, some that stand out now are: 'You should always run your own race', 'give of your absolute best', 'it's ok to be angry, but you must be respectful', 'kindness is a heartfelt action' and 'honesty is paramount'. I believe these nuggets have been foundational in me embracing the differences of those around me while staying true to myself and being considered an asset to the team.