Croatia and the World Bank Group proudly mark three decades of a fruitful and transformative partnership, fostering sustainable development and inclusive economic growth in Croatia. The partnership began in 1993, shortly after the country’s independence. During this impressive development journey, the collaboration focused on post-conflict reconstruction, social and economic revitalization, transition to a market economy, Croatia’s preparation for the European Union membership, and resilience to respond to economic shocks and disasters.
The World Bank Group has been a trusted partner to Croatia over the past 30 years Investments have gone over $6.5 billion across more than a 100 projects and produced over 330 country reports and studies. Some examples of results achieved include:
- Over 230,000 people in 23 coastal municipalities have benefited from improved provision of efficient and sustainable water services through the Second Coastal Cities Pollution Control Project in 2009-2015;
- We have supported a dramatic increase in the speed of land administration services - Croatian citizens and businesses are now able to obtain their documents online with increased quality and reliability thanks to our three lending projects over the last 20 years;
- Our two Rijeka Gateway projects helped modernize Rijeka port, enhance its financial performance and quality of services, and position it as a strategic Northern Adriatic hub with traffic volume of over 6.3 million tons of cargo in 2022.
- This fall, we will start assisting 64 demonstration schools across Croatia in piloting the Whole Day School model, boosting student learning outcomes and benefiting in particular poor and disadvantaged students.
The event gathers policy makers, representatives of local government, the European Commission, international community, private sector, think tanks, academia and civil society. The conference also hosted a panel discussion with distinguished experts entitled The Future of Work: Implications for Croatia.
10:00 – 10:30
10:30 – 10:40
10:40 – 11:10
11:10 – 11:30
The Future of Work: Implications for Equity and Growth in Europe
11:30 – 12:20
The Future of Work: Implications for Croatia
12:20 – 12:30
- Date: Jun 13, 2023
- Time: 10:00-12:30
- Venue: Esplanade Zagreb Hotel