Despite policymakers’ focus on manufacturing, services are increasingly driving economic transformation. How can developing economies seize the opportunity of services-led development?
Join us for the virtual launch of the report "At Your Service? The Promise of Services-Led Development." This book’s findings are encouraging for the World Bank Group’s “better jobs for more people” Jobs and Economic Transformation agenda.
The event will explore the evolving role of the services sector in creating jobs and prosperity across low & middle income countries.
- Indermit Gill, Vice President, Equitable Growth, Finance and Institutions (EFI)
- Gaurav Nayyar, Senior Economist, EFI
- Mary Hallward-Driemeier, Senior Economic Advisor, EFI
- Elwyn Davies, Economist, EFI
- Richard Baldwin, Professor of International Economics, Graduate Institute, Geneva, and Editor-in-Chief, VoxEU
- Stefan Dercon, Professor of Economic Policy, University of Oxford, and Development Policy Advisor to the Foreign Secretary, UK’s Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office
- Caroline Freund, Dean, School of Global Policy and Strategy, University of California at San Diego
Moderated by Mona Haddad, Director, Trade, Investment and Competitiveness, World Bank