After attending this course, participants should be able to:
- Define and apply the key trends in the current financial market including changes within the banking industry and trends seen in the market
- Identify issues, challenges and opportunities within the financial services industry
- Discuss the topic of Board Governance and accountability in light of shareholder value creation
- Identify the implications of ESG standards and impact investing trends in the context of accounting standards and trends
- Describe the importance of impact measurement in terms of ‘triple bottom line’ approaches to business and investing
- Understand recently issued GDPR standards and implications
- Discuss recent developments relating to financial instruments
- Describe the current standard setting priorities for financial reporting
- Determine the effects of regulatory decisions on the financial services industry
- Comprehend the implications of Intelligent Automation on finance and accounting work streams
Target Audience: This course is designed for and currently open only to World Bank Group, IMF, IADB and other MDB staff.
Program Description: Jointly sponsored by the WBG Controller and Deloitte, this one-day conference brings together leading experts from Deloitte for an in-depth discussion on current accounting and finance issues facing the Banking industry. The conference will also feature interactive Q&A sessions during the day between the audience and the presenters. This will be an in-depth discussion on US GAAP and IFRS accounting pronouncements as well as a discussion on the International Integrated Reporting Framework. As in previous years, the conference attracts finance and accounting professionals across the World Bank Group, as well as the International Monetary Fund and the Inter-American Development Bank. This conference qualifies for Continuing Professional Education credits. Meeting materials will be available one week before the start of the event. Breakfast, lunch and refreshments will be provided.
NASBA Instructional Delivery Method: Group live (classroom/lecture)
Estimated CPE Credit: This course is worth approximately 7.5 credits.
Prerequisites: None required
Advance Preparation: None required
Program Level: Update - Learning activity level that provides a general review of new developments. This level is for participants with a background in the subject area who desire to keep current.
Recommended Subject Areas: Accounting, Specialized Knowledge
Attendance Method: Sign-in via app
In case of any CPE related concerns please contact Chris Robinson (email@example.com)
Deloitte Accommodations Statement: Deloitte provides reasonable accommodations to individuals who request such accommodations to participate in training. Individuals requesting such an accommodation(s) should contact your local HR professional at least two weeks prior to the start date of the program.
Course Registration Requirements: Please register at the link provided in the Registration tab above.
Refund/Cancellation Policy: There is no refund available for this course. Penalty assessed for any no show.
NASBA Registry CPE Sponsor statement
Deloitte LLP is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of Continuing Professional Education (CPE) for group training on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors.
NASBA CPE Credits are made available and awarded for Deloitte group training that complies with the Statement on Standards for CPE Programs. In accordance with these Standards, relevant group training details are disclosed to learners in advance via email invitations, registration websites, or other similar advance announcements.
Deloitte LLP’s CPE Sponsor ID Numbers:
- NASBA National Registry: 107752
- Texas State Board of Public Accountancy: 000156
Complaints regarding NASBA National Registry CPE Sponsors may be submitted to NASBA via their website, NASBARegistry.org.
State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of CPE Credits for Certified Public Accountants (CPAs).