Monitoring debt transparency
How transparent are IDA countries when issuing domestic debt? This heat map examines this issue in detail across five main areas:
- Use of market-based mechanisms to borrow from national (regional) markets
- Predictability of the government securities issuances
- Adherence to the issuance calendar
- Publication of the results of the borrowing transactions
- Secondary market operations
The assessment will be updated annually and is based on the information available on national authorities' public websites. The heat map provides links to the primary sources of information for each indicator and score, enabling users to learn more about each country's transparency practices.
Read more about the methodology behind the heat map.