- GDP declined for a second consecutive year, owing to political and economic uncertainty.
- Public spending constrained until (late) approval of 2018 budget, with strong increase in the last 3months of the year
- Current account improved due to higher primary income. Trade deficit eased as imports declinded and exports increased.
- Positive outlook for 2019, with GDP forecast to grow by 3.9% and inflation to remain below 4%.
- The sustainability of fiscal and external deficits remain key medium-term concerns - despite recent trends.
- Agriculture remains a critical sector, but productivity is low and investments have been insufficient to expand production.