For international END POVERTY DAY, (17th October) the World Bank Office in Georgia is inviting photo entries from professional and amateur photographers focusing on the theme “Face of Poverty”. The photos must contextually relate to both the theme of poverty and to Georgia.
By inviting people to participate in this charity campaign about interpretations of poverty, the World Bank is calling for various perspectives on how Georgia is affected by poverty, while increasing local public awareness and knowledge, and a call for action. But above all, this is a unique opportunity for photographers and citizens to participate in a particular charity.
A selection panel comprising representatives of the World Bank and the invited UN Georgia Offices will select a number of photos that will be auctioned at a special event in the first half of December 2018, as well as the beneficiary (e.g. extreme poor, old people’s home, a hospice, etc.) of the charity auction.
The authors of the photos will be expected to:
- Share photos that are taken solely in Georgia during the month after the start of the campaign, or at least over the past year.
- Propose the name and contact information of a beneficiary of their choice.
- Include written permission on the use of photographs and mentioning of the author’s name on World Bank social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) and the website.
- Attend the charity event where their photos will be auctioned, if they make it to the final selection list.
Please note that submissions without the requested information will not be considered for the charity exhibition or for online publication.
- While this is an opportunity for experienced and professional photographers, amateur entries are also encouraged.
- Photos can be taken on smartphones, but the quality must be suitable for printing purposes.
- Only one or two photos per submission will be accepted.
If you decide to become a part of this charity campaign, please send your photos to: email@example.com
November 25, 2018
No monetary compensation is envisaged for participation or further usage of the photos submitted.