Announcement: Expert Advisory Council on Citizen Engagement Selection of New Members
The World Bank’s Citizen Engagement Secretariat is pleased to announce the selection of the following new members to the World Bank’s Expert Advisory Council on Citizen Engagement:
- Lily Fati Soale, Head of the Social Accountability Unit and Director of Human Resource Management, Ministry of Local Government and Rural Development, Ghana
- Paula Schommer, Professor of Public Administration at Santa Catarina State University, Brazil
- Prachi Srivastava, Associate Professor, University of Western Ontario (Western University), Canada
- Marinke Van Riet, Director of VOICE, Netherlands
- Blair Glencorse, Founder and Executive Director of Accountability Lab, USA
- Mai E’leimat, Co-founder and Senior Advisor for Strategy and Research at Al Hayat Center for Civil Society Development, Jordan
The goal was to fill the following vacancies on the Council: Civil Society (two); Academia (two); Private Sector (two); Foundations (one); Governments (one). We are looking to fill the private sector openings and are considering ways to enhance our process for attracting private sector participation.
We extend our sincere appreciation to everyone who submitted their nomination to be on the Expert Advisory Council. We were glad to see that so many of you were willing to serve. We hope you will continue to be engaged in the World Bank’s work on citizen engagement.
Below is the full list of members of the Expert Advisory Council effective September 1, 2019:
The World Bank’s Citizen Engagement Secretariat would like to thank the following outgoing members of the Council for their service - Stephanie de Chassy, Anabel Cruz, Dr. Anuradha Joshi, Dr. Archon Fung, Betty Maina, Khaled Koubaa, Dinky Soleman.