The World Bank office in Burkina Faso is hosting an essay contest entitled “Writing for Development,” geared towards youth between the ages of 15 and 25 in Burkina Faso. Launched on May 12, 2015, the contest gives young Burkinabe the opportunity to voice their ideas and visions for their country’s development, and its sustainable development in particular. The most creative and innovative entries will be rewarded with the following prizes: a 1st prize of 1,000 dollars, a 2nd prize of 750 dollars, and a 3rd prize of 500 dollars. The winners will attend an awards ceremony in the presence of several distinguished guests.
To be eligible to apply, participants must be between the ages of 15 and 25 and be a resident of Burkina Faso.
Essay contest requirements:
- Essay submissions must express original visions or ideas for fighting poverty and boosting development in Burkina Faso.
- Essay submissions must not exceed 4 pages. They must also be formatted using the font Times New Roman in size 12, a 1,5 line spacing, and the A4 page dimensions.
- Essays must include a summary (maximum of 200 words).
- Submissions must also include a resume that includes the following contact information of the participant: email address, telephone number, city of residence, and a photocopy of an official identification document.
- Essays submissions must be submitted by June 12, 2015.
The contest applications can be submitted electronically to Lionel Yaro at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “World Bank Essay Contest.”
Applications can also be submitted by mail addressed to: The World Bank Office in Burkina Faso, 01 BP 622 Ouagadougou 01 with the mention “Application to the World Bank Essay Contest” in the upper left hand corner.
Lastly, applications can be submitted in person using a sealed envelope addressed to: The World Bank Office in Burkina Faso, Ouagadougou 179, Av. Président Saye ZERBO, Zone des Ambassades, Secteur 04. The envelope must have the mention “Application to the World Bank Essay Contest.”
For more information concerning the contest, please contact Lionel Yaro at email@example.com. Good luck!