The World Bank Private Sector Liaison Officers (PSLO) Network invites you to mark your calendar for a mission to Washington focused on infrastructure in Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA), including Transport & ICT, Water and Environment.
For companies interested in Latin America & the Caribbean, there will also be a possibility to meet with the IADB.
Note: this mission will not cover the energy sector, which will be the focus of the PSLO energy mission in November/ December 2017.
- Participants should have a basic knowledge of MDB procurement procedures, prior experience bidding on MDB projects or capacity to participate as a supplier of goods or services on MDB projects.
What Participants Can Expect:
- General introduction on new strategic developments at the World Bank Group (WBG), Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC) and Inter-American Development Bank (IADB)
- Presentation of the World Bank’s new procurement framework and tracking tools
- Workshops by sector of activity with SSA practice / sector managers on SSA portfolio and future opportunities (LAC portfolio at IADB)
- Optional: B2Bs with Task Team Leaders (TTL) on selected projects, prepared and organized by private consultant PFD, at an additional cost (WBG, MCC, IADB)
Benefits for Attendees Include:
- Increased knowledge of MDBs’ portfolios in SSA (and LAC) and resulting business opportunities and partnerships.
- Networking opportunities among private sector participants with a view to forming consortiums / partnerships.
Program details will be available soon.
Contact: Johan Malin, firstname.lastname@example.org