The World Bank Group and the Government of Uganda will hold an Open Day on Tuesday May 30th, 2017, at Kololo Airstrip in Kampala. The Open Day will feature over 50 exhibitions on Bank-financed projects. The event is open to the public and will run all day.
Open Day Activities:
- Testimonies from project beneficiaries
- Instant registration for businesses
- Checking the validity of your land title
- Registering birth certificates and National IDs
- Entertainment by Ugandan artistes, Maurice Kirya & Myko Ouma, and Kika Troupe
- Demonstrating new, high-yield crop seedlings, and livestock breeding techniques
- Information on various grants for farmers, businesses, and youth
- How to gain access to the World Bank’s free Online courses
- Panel discussions, presentations, quizzes, and raffles!
The Open Day is designed to help the public learn more about the benefits and the positive impact of many Bank-financed projects. We also want to create a platform for regular engagement and citizen feedback on the Bank’s development support.
The World Bank’s Country Partnership Framework (2016-2021) will be launched at the Open Day. The framework focuses on strengthening governance, accountability, and service delivery; raising incomes in rural areas; and boosting inclusive economic growth in urban areas.
Follow the social media conversation on #UgWBGOpenDay.
And For more about the World Bank’s program in Uganda, visit: https://www.worldbank.org/en/country/uganda