Turning around electricity and water utility performance is possible and is key to the achievement of the SDGs. This seminar will present findings of three recent studies that looked at electricity and water utility performance in Africa and key drivers conducive to better service delivery for all. Key messages emerging from this exercise aim to provide direction for sector-wide improvements in Africa.
Panelists will discuss how governments and well-performing utilities can operationalize successful reforms in the energy and water sectors, and the role donors can play in this endeavor.
- Makhtar Diop, Vice President, Africa Region
- Jennifer SARA, Director, Water Global Practice
- Lucio Monari, Practice Manager, Energy and Extractives Global Practice
- Alexander Bakalian, Practice Manager, Water Global Practice
Moderator: Jamal Saghir, Senior Regional Advisor, Africa Region
- H.E. Seth Terkper, Minister of Finance and Economic Planning, Acting Minister of Power, Ghana
- H.E. Adama Kone, Minister of Economy and Finance, Cote d’Ivoire (TBC)
- H.E. Mansour Faye, Minister of Hydraulics and Sanitation, Senegal
- Peter MUNGAI, General Manager, Kenya Power & Lighting Company Ltd.
- Dr. William Muhairwe, Former MD, Uganda National Water and Sewerage Corporation
- Yves Guicquéro, the Head of the Aid Agenda and International Partnerships, Agence Française de Développement