- IDA: The Platform for Achieving Results at the Country Level, IDA15 Replenishment Final Report (pdf).
Fourth Meeting. The fourth IDA15 Replenishment Meeting was held in Malahide, Co. Dublin in Ireland, on November 12-13, 2007. The major topics of discussion included country-level effectiveness, harmonization & alignment, results and climate change. See Chairperson Summary and meeting papers (pdfs):
- Climate Change: IDA and Climate Change: Making Climate Action Work for Development
- Harmonization & Alignment: IDA Role in Enhancing Counry-Level Effectiveness: Strengthening Harmonization and Alignment
- Results: Focus on Results: The IDA14 Results Measurement System and Directions for IDA15
Third Meeting. The Third IDA15 Replenishment Meeting was held in Washington, D.C. on October 23, 2007. The meeting focussed on follow-up issues regarding the PBA system as well as IDA's role in ensuring debt sustainability. See Chairperson Summary and meeting papers (pdf):
- Performance-Based Allocation (PBA): Simplication of the Formula and other Outstanding Issues
- Debt Sustainability: The Role of IDA in Ensuring Debt Sustainability: A progress Report
Second Meeting. The Second IDA15 Replenishment Meeting was held in Maputo, Mozambique on June 28-30, 2007. During the first meeting in March 2007, IDA participants selected three special themes: (i) the role of IDA in the global aid architecture; (ii) the effectiveness of IDA's assistance at the country level; (iii) IDA's role in fragile states. The first and third themes were the subject of discussion during the Maputo meetings. See Chairman’s Summary, key issues and meeting papers (pdf):
- Role of IDA: Supporting the Country-Based Development Model
- Fragile States: Operational Approaches and Financing in Fragile States
- IDA Financing Requirements: The Demand for IDA15 Resources and Strategy for their Effective Use
- Arrears Clearance: Further Elaboration of a Systematic Approach to Arrears Clearance
- Financing Framework: IDA15 Financing Framework | Key variables and updated financing framework
First Meeting. Representatives of 40 donor countries ("IDA Deputies") and nine representatives from IDA borrower countries met in Paris on March 5-6, 2007 to begin negotiations for the fifteenth replenishment of IDA resources (IDA15), which will provide resources to low-income countries for the three years between July 1, 2008 and June 30, 2011. The meeting was also attended by representatives from the Asian and African Development Banks. See Chairman's Summary.
At the meeting, Participants selected the "special themes" that IDA15 discussions will focus on. They also discussed issues related to IDA financing and IDA’s resource allocation system (pdf). Other papers discussed by participants at the meeting are provided below.
- Aid Architecture: An Overview of the Main Trends in ODA Flows
- Selectivity and Performance: IDA's Country Assessment and Development Effectiveness
- Financial papers: IDA's Long-term Financial Capacity
- Multilateral Debt Relief Initiative: Update 1 | Update 2