IDA Deputies and Borrower Representatives met for an IDA14 Mid-Term Review meeting in Washington, DC on November 20-21, 2006, to review progress on implementing IDA14 recommendations. The Mid-Term Review was also preceded by a one-day HIPC information/funding meeting on November 19. See Chairman Summary of the IDA14 Mid-Term Review.
Mid-Term Review participants reviewed the IDA14 Implementation Report and papers outlining progress in the “special themes” of IDA14, including:
- Growth: Economic and Sector Work (ESW) Progress Report
- Private Sector Development: A Review of the Joint IDA-IFC MSME Pilot Program for Africa | Review of the Use of Output-Based Aid Approaches
- Debt Sustainability & Grants: Assessing Implementation of IDA14 Grants Framework | Debt Dynamics and Financing Terms: A Forward-looking Approach to IDA Grant Eligibility
- Results Measurement: IDA14 Results Measurement System
- Working Together at the Country Level: Harmonization and Alignment for Greater Aid Effectiveness | Progress on Strengthening Collaboration with UN Partners in Post-conflict Countries
In addition, they discussed papers on the Governance Factor in IDA’s Performance-Based Allocation System, IDA’s Regional Projects pilot program, Exogenous Shocks in IDA countries, and a readiness framework for Development Policy Operations.