This panel discussion hosted with the Carbon Tracker Initiative discusses the "carbon bubble" concept and why it should be on the agenda of the world's policy makers. Carbon Tracker has been exploring the concepts of unburnable carbon and stranded assets. Both concepts have become growing concerns for a range of financial institutions including investment banks, ratings agencies, fund managers and pension funds.
This session will bring together policy-makers and financial regulators in a panel discussion on how to manage the carbon bubble and transition to a low-carbon economy.
• Paul Bodnar, Senior Advisor, WRI; former Director for Climate Change, National Security Council, The White House
• Arnoud Buisse, Deputy Assistant Secretary, French Treasury
• James Close, Climate Group Director for Policy and Finance, World Bank Group
• Anthony Hobley, CEO, Carbon Tracker
• Bevis Longstreth, former Commissioner, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission