Ladies and Gentlemen,
The World Bank Warsaw Office is pleased to inform you that the brand new World Bank report:
Transition to a Low-Emissions Economy in Poland
is going to be launched in Warsaw next week.
Please stay tuned, we will be sending you invitations soon.
We would also like to invite you to a discussion on:
- Is Poland ready for the second transition, to a low-emissions economy? Might Is this transition to be smoother than the transition form from planned to market economy?
- Is it (technically) feasible and (economically) affordable for Poland to bear the costs of transition to a low-emissions economy? What is the expected impact in terms of GDP and employment?
- Which sectors in the economy will be relatively more affected? Should we expect a revolution or evolution in the electricity-mix in the future and why are all these challenges are not only about energy?
- Will it be difficult for Poland to fulfill the targets of the EU energy and climate change package 20-20-20?
- What is Poland's optimal strategy for a reduction of greenhouse gas emissions in terms of timing, sector coverage, and policy instruments, set both at the EU and national level?
We are looking forward to hosting you next week!