The goals and objectives of the Global Forum on Remittances and Development (GFRD) 2015 are to provide an opportunity for stakeholders from public and private sectors, civil society and development community to engage and identify opportunities for collaboration, but also to disseminate the latest trends and best practices related to remittances and their potential for development.
General areas of focus:
- Identify the impact of remittances and economic implications in Europe and its related remittance corridors;
- Facilitating and de-risking a more conducive remittances market environment towards greater financial inclusion;
- Develop a successful and effective Public-Private-People Partnership approach in the realm of remittances and development; and
- Build a development framework to scale up successful strategies involving the diaspora and remittances.
Main objectives of the GFRD2015 will be to:
- Support national governments in adopting a favourable regulatory framework that promotes low-cost remittances and their maximization in terms of access to finance and creation of wealth;
- Highlight and demonstrate the importance of international and domestic remittances, their vital role in development and their impact when linked to other financial services such as savings, insurance and loans;
- Exchange worldwide best practices and market-oriented models;
- Promote the scaling-up of successful initiatives involving the private sector as agents of innovation; and
- Contribute to the discussion and the thematic review of the post-2015 development agenda in the context of remittances, migration and development