CLOSING DATE AND TIME: JANUARY 24, 2018 @ 3.00 PM BRAZZAVILLE, CONGO, LOCAL TIME
The International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (“The World Bank”) invites statements of qualification on which to base the selection of General Contractors for the receipt of a solicitation for Construction Works of the World Bank Office Building in Brazzaville, Republic Of Congo.
1. Have minimum average annual revenue in Architectural, Civil and Interior Works/Construction of C.F.A Francs BEAC (XAF) 2,000,000,000 (XAF 2,000 Million), equivalent to USD 3,600,000 (USD 3.6 Million) for the last three years (from 2014 to 2016).
2. Demonstrate it has financial capability to successfully support the entire contract and has fiscal capability to furnish a USD 200,000 performance bond or Bank Guarantee.
3. Is authorized to engage in the Construction Business, Civil Works, Construction Services in Brazzaville, Republic of Congo.
4. Have been in Construction business at least 5 years and must demonstrate that over the last 5 years the firm has successfully and continuously been engaged as a General Contractor in providing similar service to those required in this REI (Construction and fit-out of office buildings of minimum 2,000 square metres) in Republic of Congo and/or African region).
5. Confirmation that no Child or Underage Labor will be used in any part of this Construction Project.
6. Certification that the company has not been involved in any litigation action in the past 5 years which resulted in damages being awarded to the litigant, based on either failure to perform or poor performance.
7. Evidence of ability to obtain insurance coverage as stated below:
· Worker’s Compensation in accordance with local law or other Social Insurance Applicable to Contractor’s operations.
· Builder’s Risk/Contractor All Risks Insurance Property insurance written on an ‘all risk’ basis covering the property owner and the Contractor for the Works, together with materials and plant, Contractor’s equipment and other things brought onto the site by Contractor, to the full replacement cost during the course of construction until acceptance by Owner.
· Automobile Liability Insurance Minimum at least US$50,000 per person per occurrence for death or bodily injury and US$30,000 per occurrence for property damage or loss.
· Commercial General Liability Insurance For all operations, including Contingent Liability, coverage for Subcontractors, Products and Completed Operations, and Contractual Liability (to cover assumption of liability under this Contract) with minimum limits of US$1,000,000 per aggregate combined. Contractor shall cause its liability Insurance Provider (s) to name the World Bank Group as an additional insured, as its interest may appear with respect to the Contract.
8. Confirmation that key project staff members are able to converse in both English and French.
REI submission deadline is January 24, 2017 (3.00 p.m. Brazzaville, Congo, Local time).
The solicitation may be obtained by sending an email to the designated Contracting Officer, referencing the following information:
1. Solicitation Number
2. Company Name
3. Contact Person Name and Title
5. Telephone Number
6. Fax Number
7. Contact's Email Address
A copy of the solicitation will be sent to organizations that have replied to and are eligible to receive this advertisement. All requests and questions regarding this solicitation shall be directed to the following designated Corporate Procurement Contract Officer(s):
Chayut Mathurapote at email@example.com (mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org)
The WBG reserves the right to publicly disclose contract award information, including but not limited to, name of company receiving the award, brief description of services, and contract award amount, for any contract award valued over US$250,000. Offeror's proposal and contractual documents will remain confidential and therefore not subject to disclosure.
The World Bank reserves the right to reject any or all responses without recourse.