World Bank Group Fellowship Program: Frequently Asked Questions
September 26, 2013
I am having problems completing the application submission form. What do I do?
For best results, please use Internet Explorer or Google Chrome. Some parts of this form are not compatible with Mozilla Firefox.
Can I apply by sending my CV and motivation letter to the e-mail address provided?
No. All applications must be submitted using the application form. Applications submitted via e-mail will not be considered.
What is the deadline to apply?
The deadline for this round of applications is October 31, 2013.
If selected, when am I expected to start?
Selected candidates are expected to begin their 6-month assignment between January and March 2014.
Can I apply for a job at the World Bank after the 6-month assignment is over?
Yes. Fellows may apply for jobs at the World Bank after their 6-month assignment.
I am over 32 years of age and enrolled in a Ph.D. program. Can I still apply?
You may apply, however priority will be given to candidates who meet the age requirement.
I just earned my Ph.D. Can I apply?
Yes. Candidates who already have a Ph.D. can apply, provided they meet the age requirement.
I have a Master’s degree and/or an MBA, but am not enrolled in a Ph.D. program and don’t yet have a Ph.D. Will I be considered?
No. The current program is for Ph.D. candidates only.
Do I have to be fluent in English to apply?
Yes. Fellows are expected to work in English; so the ability to speak and write fluently is a requirement.
- Development Partners Support the Creation of Global Financing Facility to Advance Women’s and Children’s Health
- 73 Countries and Over 1,000 Businesses Speak Out in Support of a Price on Carbon
- World Bank Group to Nearly Double Funding in Ebola Crisis to $400 Million
- International Food Prices Hit Four-Year Low
- Speech by World Bank Group President Jim Yong Kim at Howard University: “Boosting Shared Prosperity”