Philippines: World Bank Statement on the Signing of the Comprehensive Agreement on the Bangsamoro
March 26, 2014
The World Bank Group joins the global community in congratulating the Government of the Republic of the Philippines and the Moro Islamic Liberation Front for their momentous signing of the Comprehensive Agreement on the Bangsamoro (CAB).
The World Bank Group, along with development partners and other stakeholders, has been supporting peace and inclusive growth in Mindanao through various programs and projects including social protection, community-driven development, upgrading of community infrastructure, and lately the formulation of the Bangsamoro Development Plan. We shall continue to scale up efforts to support programs that will broker sustainable peace and development in the Bangsamoro and Mindanao as a whole.
- Development Partners Support the Creation of Global Financing Facility to Advance Women’s and Children’s Health
- 73 Countries and Over 1,000 Businesses Speak Out in Support of a Price on Carbon
- World Bank Group to Nearly Double Funding in Ebola Crisis to $400 Million
- International Food Prices Hit Four-Year Low
- Speech by World Bank Group President Jim Yong Kim at Howard University: “Boosting Shared Prosperity”