World Bank Statement on the Signing of the Framework Agreement by the Government of the Philippines and Moro Islamic Liberation Front
October 15, 2012
MANILA, OCTOBER 15, 2012—The World Bank welcomes the signing of the Framework Agreement by President Aquino and the Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF). The agreement marks an important step toward achieving peace, security and development that will benefit all Filipinos.
Much work remains to be done to turn the Framework Agreement into a final Peace Agreement and, more importantly, to translate it into security and prosperity for the people of Mindanao, particularly the Bangsamoro. The World Bank – together with other international development partners– has been supporting peace and development in Mindanao for many years. The World Bank stands ready to work with the Government, MILF and other sectors of Philippine society to intensify our efforts to improve the lives of many Filipinos, particularly the poor in Mindanao, and help build the momentum for lasting peace and inclusive growth.
- World Bank Group ready to provide financial support worth $15-18 billion over the next three years
- Youth Voices on Climate Change Take Times Square
- World Bank to Begin Discussions on Proposal to Strengthen Social and Environmental Safeguards
- Ebola: Tackling The Outbreak in West Africa
- Joint Vietnam-World Bank Group Study Will Seek Path for Higher Economic Growth