LOANS & CREDITS
Nepal-India Electricity Transmission and Trade Project - Additional Financing (NIETTP)
- In Washington
- Gabriela Aguilar
- Tel : 202-473-6766
Washington DC, June 24, 2013—The World Bank's Board of Executive Directors today approved the following project.
The objectives of the project are to establish cross-border transmission capacity of about 1000 Megawatts (MW) to faciliate trade between India and Nepal, and increase the supply of electricity in Nepal by the sustainable import of at least 100MW of electricity.
- Development Partners Support the Creation of Global Financing Facility to Advance Women’s and Children’s Health
- 73 Countries and Over 1,000 Businesses Speak Out in Support of a Price on Carbon
- World Bank Group to Nearly Double Funding in Ebola Crisis to $400 Million
- International Food Prices Hit Four-Year Low
- Speech by World Bank Group President Jim Yong Kim at Howard University: “Boosting Shared Prosperity”