LOANS & CREDITS
Cameroon - Conservation and Sustainable Management within the Ngoyla-Mintom Forest Project
- In Washington
- Aby Toure
- Tel : (202) 473-8302
Washington DC, April 5, 2012—The World Bank's Board of Executive Directors today approved the following project.
GEF Grant: $3.5 million
Project ID: P118018
Project Description: The objective of the Conservation and Sustainable Use of the Ngoyla-Mintom Forest Project for Cameroon is to improve conservation and access to income-generating activities for local communities in the areas selected for conservation. These areas within the Ngoyla Mintom forest will be selected based on their high biodiversity conservation value on the basis of biological surveys currently being undertaken by Worldwide Fund for Nature, and the meso-zoning plan.
- Development Partners Support the Creation of Global Financing Facility to Advance Women’s and Children’s Health
- 73 Countries and Over 1,000 Businesses Speak Out in Support of a Price on Carbon
- World Bank Group to Nearly Double Funding in Ebola Crisis to $400 Million
- International Food Prices Hit Four-Year Low
- Speech by World Bank Group President Jim Yong Kim at Howard University: “Boosting Shared Prosperity”