LOANS & CREDITS
Cameroon - Conservation and Sustainable Management within the Ngoyla-Mintom Forest Project
- In Washington
- Aby Toure
- Tel : (202) 473-8302
Washington DC, April 5, 2012—The World Bank's Board of Executive Directors today approved the following project.
GEF Grant: $3.5 million
Project ID: P118018
Project Description: The objective of the Conservation and Sustainable Use of the Ngoyla-Mintom Forest Project for Cameroon is to improve conservation and access to income-generating activities for local communities in the areas selected for conservation. These areas within the Ngoyla Mintom forest will be selected based on their high biodiversity conservation value on the basis of biological surveys currently being undertaken by Worldwide Fund for Nature, and the meso-zoning plan.
- World Bank Group ready to provide financial support worth $15-18 billion over the next three years
- Youth Voices on Climate Change Take Times Square
- World Bank to Begin Discussions on Proposal to Strengthen Social and Environmental Safeguards
- Ebola: Tackling The Outbreak in West Africa
- Joint Vietnam-World Bank Group Study Will Seek Path for Higher Economic Growth