LOANS & CREDITS
South Africa - The Eskom Renewables Support Project
- Aby Toure
- Tel : (202) 473-8302
Washington DC, October 27, 2011—The World Bank's Board of Executive Directors today approved the following project.
CTF Loan: $US 250 Million
Terms: Maturity = 40 years; Grace = 10 years
Project ID: P122329
Project Description: The project aims to help implement the pioneering and innovative Upington concentrating solar power and Sere wind power plants in South Africa.
- Development Partners Support the Creation of Global Financing Facility to Advance Women’s and Children’s Health
- 73 Countries and Over 1,000 Businesses Speak Out in Support of a Price on Carbon
- World Bank Group to Nearly Double Funding in Ebola Crisis to $400 Million
- International Food Prices Hit Four-Year Low
- Speech by World Bank Group President Jim Yong Kim at Howard University: “Boosting Shared Prosperity”