LOANS & CREDITS
South Africa - The Eskom Renewables Support Project
- Aby Toure
- Tel : (202) 473-8302
Washington DC, October 27, 2011—The World Bank's Board of Executive Directors today approved the following project.
CTF Loan: $US 250 Million
Terms: Maturity = 40 years; Grace = 10 years
Project ID: P122329
Project Description: The project aims to help implement the pioneering and innovative Upington concentrating solar power and Sere wind power plants in South Africa.
- World Bank Group ready to provide financial support worth $15-18 billion over the next three years
- Youth Voices on Climate Change Take Times Square
- World Bank to Begin Discussions on Proposal to Strengthen Social and Environmental Safeguards
- Ebola: Tackling The Outbreak in West Africa
- Joint Vietnam-World Bank Group Study Will Seek Path for Higher Economic Growth