LOANS & CREDITS
Nigeria – Polychlorinated Biphenyls Management Project
- Francois Gouahinga
- Tel : (202) 473-0696
Washington DC, August 30, 2011—The World Bank's Board of Executive Directors today approved the following project.
GEF Trust Fund Grant: US$6.3 Million
Project ID: P113173
Project Description: The objective of the project is to strengthen national capacity for management of Persistent Organic Pollutants and in particular Polychlorinated Biphenyls (PCBs), and develop in-country storage facilities for PCBs until their environmentally sound disposal can be achieved.
- Development Partners Support the Creation of Global Financing Facility to Advance Women’s and Children’s Health
- 73 Countries and Over 1,000 Businesses Speak Out in Support of a Price on Carbon
- World Bank Group to Nearly Double Funding in Ebola Crisis to $400 Million
- International Food Prices Hit Four-Year Low
- Speech by World Bank Group President Jim Yong Kim at Howard University: “Boosting Shared Prosperity”