LOANS & CREDITS
Ghana - The West Africa Regional Fisheries Program
- Francois Gouahinga
- Tel : (202) 473-0696
Washington DC, July 14, 2011—The World Bank's Board of Executive Directors today approved the following project.
IDA Credit: US$50.3 Million Equivalent
Terms: Maturity = 30 years; Grace = 10 years
GEF Trust Fund Grant: US$3.5 Million
Project ID: P124812
Project Description: The project objective is to support the sustainable management of Ghana’s fish and aquatic resources by: (i) strengthening the country’s capacity to sustainably govern and manage the fisheries; (ii) reducing illegal fishing; (iii) increasing the value and profitability generated by the fish resources and the proportion of that value captured by the country; and (iv) developing aquaculture.
- Philippines: World Bank Group President Speech at the Daylight Dialogue
- New Study Adds Up the Benefits of Climate-Smart Development in Lives, Jobs, and GDP
- Joint Vietnam-World Bank Group Study Will Seek Path for Higher Economic Growth
- Forests Are Creating Momentum for Climate Negotiations
- How Tanzania Plans To Achieve "Big Results Now" in Education