LOANS & CREDITS
India – The National Ganga River Basin Project
- Benjamin Crow
- Tel : (202) 473-5105
Washington DC, May 31, 2010—The World Bank's Board of Executive Directors today approved the following project.
IBRD Loan: US$801 Million Equivalent
Terms: Maturity = 18 years; Grace = 5 years
IDA Credit: US$199 Million Equivalent
Terms: Maturity = 35 years; Grace = 10 years
Project ID: P119085
Project Description: The project is part of the Bank's long-term support for the Government of India's Mission Clean Ganga that seeks to rejuvenate India’s iconic river. The credit and loan will support the National Ganga River Basin Authority in building capacity of its operational-level institutions and implementing investments for reducing pollution in a sustainable manner.
- Philippines: World Bank Group President Speech at the Daylight Dialogue
- New Study Adds Up the Benefits of Climate-Smart Development in Lives, Jobs, and GDP
- Joint Vietnam-World Bank Group Study Will Seek Path for Higher Economic Growth
- Forests Are Creating Momentum for Climate Negotiations
- How Tanzania Plans To Achieve "Big Results Now" in Education