LOANS & CREDITS
India – The National Ganga River Basin Project
- Benjamin Crow
- Tel : (202) 473-5105
Washington DC, May 31, 2010—The World Bank's Board of Executive Directors today approved the following project.
IBRD Loan: US$801 Million Equivalent
Terms: Maturity = 18 years; Grace = 5 years
IDA Credit: US$199 Million Equivalent
Terms: Maturity = 35 years; Grace = 10 years
Project ID: P119085
Project Description: The project is part of the Bank's long-term support for the Government of India's Mission Clean Ganga that seeks to rejuvenate India’s iconic river. The credit and loan will support the National Ganga River Basin Authority in building capacity of its operational-level institutions and implementing investments for reducing pollution in a sustainable manner.
- Development Partners Support the Creation of Global Financing Facility to Advance Women’s and Children’s Health
- 73 Countries and Over 1,000 Businesses Speak Out in Support of a Price on Carbon
- World Bank Group to Nearly Double Funding in Ebola Crisis to $400 Million
- International Food Prices Hit Four-Year Low
- Speech by World Bank Group President Jim Yong Kim at Howard University: “Boosting Shared Prosperity”