LOANS & CREDITS
India – The National Ganga River Basin Project
- Benjamin Crow
- Tel : (202) 473-5105
Washington DC, May 31, 2010—The World Bank's Board of Executive Directors today approved the following project.
IBRD Loan: US$801 Million Equivalent
Terms: Maturity = 18 years; Grace = 5 years
IDA Credit: US$199 Million Equivalent
Terms: Maturity = 35 years; Grace = 10 years
Project ID: P119085
Project Description: The project is part of the Bank's long-term support for the Government of India's Mission Clean Ganga that seeks to rejuvenate India’s iconic river. The credit and loan will support the National Ganga River Basin Authority in building capacity of its operational-level institutions and implementing investments for reducing pollution in a sustainable manner.
- World Bank Group ready to provide financial support worth $15-18 billion over the next three years
- Youth Voices on Climate Change Take Times Square
- World Bank to Begin Discussions on Proposal to Strengthen Social and Environmental Safeguards
- Ebola: Tackling The Outbreak in West Africa
- Joint Vietnam-World Bank Group Study Will Seek Path for Higher Economic Growth