LOANS & CREDITS
Kenya - Total War against HIV and AIDS (TOWA) Project
- Kavita Watsa
- Tel : (202) 458-8810
Washington DC, December 14, 2010—The World Bank's Board of Executive Directors today approved the following project.
IDA Credit: US$55 million equivalent
Terms: Maturity = 40 years; Grace = 10 years
Project ID: P122491
Project Description: The additional financing will support the underlying project objective, which is to assist Kenya in expanding the coverage of targeted HIV and AIDS prevention and mitigation interventions. The credit will sustain the improved institutional performance of the National AIDS Control Council and support the implementation of the Kenya National AIDS Strategic Plan. It will also increase funding for the national malaria program to rapidly expand the distribution of bednets to Kenyans in high risk areas.
- Development Partners Support the Creation of Global Financing Facility to Advance Women’s and Children’s Health
- 73 Countries and Over 1,000 Businesses Speak Out in Support of a Price on Carbon
- World Bank Group to Nearly Double Funding in Ebola Crisis to $400 Million
- International Food Prices Hit Four-Year Low
- Speech by World Bank Group President Jim Yong Kim at Howard University: “Boosting Shared Prosperity”