LOANS & CREDITS
Kenya - Total War against HIV and AIDS (TOWA) Project
- Kavita Watsa
- Tel : (202) 458-8810
Washington DC, December 14, 2010—The World Bank's Board of Executive Directors today approved the following project.
IDA Credit: US$55 million equivalent
Terms: Maturity = 40 years; Grace = 10 years
Project ID: P122491
Project Description: The additional financing will support the underlying project objective, which is to assist Kenya in expanding the coverage of targeted HIV and AIDS prevention and mitigation interventions. The credit will sustain the improved institutional performance of the National AIDS Control Council and support the implementation of the Kenya National AIDS Strategic Plan. It will also increase funding for the national malaria program to rapidly expand the distribution of bednets to Kenyans in high risk areas.
- World Bank Group ready to provide financial support worth $15-18 billion over the next three years
- Youth Voices on Climate Change Take Times Square
- World Bank to Begin Discussions on Proposal to Strengthen Social and Environmental Safeguards
- Ebola: Tackling The Outbreak in West Africa
- Joint Vietnam-World Bank Group Study Will Seek Path for Higher Economic Growth