LOANS & CREDITS
Nepal: Second HNP and HIV/AIDS Project
- Erik Nora
- Tel : (202) 458-4735
Washington DC, April 20, 2010—The World Bank's Board of Executive Directors today approved the following project.
IDA Grant: US$59.5 million equivalent
IDA Credit: US$69.652 million equivalent
Terms: Maturity = 40 years; Grace = 10 years
Project ID: P117417
Project Description: The objective of the project is to enable the Government of Nepal to increase access to essential health care services and their utilization by the underserved and the poor. The project has two components: health service delivery and health systems strengthening. Health service delivery: This component will focus on (i) increasing access to, and utilization of, an affordable package of essential health services by the underserved and poor in line with Ministry of Health and Population gender and social inclusion strategy; (ii) improving the nutritional status of children and pregnant women; (iii) expanding coverage and improving the effectiveness in the response to HIV and AIDS; and (iv) further reducing the mortality and morbidity associated with pregnancy and child birth. Health systems strengthening: This component will focus on (i) improving the availability of human resources for health, especially in under-served areas; (ii) improving the sustainability of financing the sector and designing mechanisms to provide protection against impoverishment due to ill health; (iii) strengthening and expanding the scope of monitoring and evaluation; and (iv) improving governance and accountability in the health sector.
- Development Partners Support the Creation of Global Financing Facility to Advance Women’s and Children’s Health
- 73 Countries and Over 1,000 Businesses Speak Out in Support of a Price on Carbon
- World Bank Group to Nearly Double Funding in Ebola Crisis to $400 Million
- International Food Prices Hit Four-Year Low
- Speech by World Bank Group President Jim Yong Kim at Howard University: “Boosting Shared Prosperity”