LOANS & CREDITS
Malawi: Multi-Sectoral HIV/AIDS Project
- Zeria Ntambuzeni Banda
- Tel : 256 17 70611
Washington DC, August 27, 2009—The World Bank's Board of Executive Directors today approved the following project.
IDA Grant: US$30 million equivalent
Project ID: P107545
Project Description: The project in Malawi additional financing will create a three-year extension of the project closing date from September 30, 2009 to September 30, 2012. The additional financing will continue to support and strengthen the national response to the HIV/AIDS epidemic in Malawi in line with the Government's National HIV and AIDS Action Framework (NAF). Like the original grant, this additional financing will contribute towards the implementation of the joint program of work agreed to in the context of the HIV/AIDS Sector Wide Approach (SWAP) in Malawi.
- World Bank Group ready to provide financial support worth $15-18 billion over the next three years
- Youth Voices on Climate Change Take Times Square
- World Bank to Begin Discussions on Proposal to Strengthen Social and Environmental Safeguards
- Ebola: Tackling The Outbreak in West Africa
- Joint Vietnam-World Bank Group Study Will Seek Path for Higher Economic Growth