LOANS & CREDITS
Nigeria: Second HIV/AIDS Program Development Project
- Rachel Mccolgan-Arnold
- Tel : (202) 458-5299
Washington DC, June 16, 2009—The World Bank's Board of Executive Directors today approved the following project.
IBRD Loan: US$255 million equivalent
Terms: Maturity = 35 years; Grace period = 10 years
Project ID: P066571
Project Description: The objective of the Second HIV/AIDS Program Development Project in Nigeria is to support the implementation of Universal Basic Education through strengthening human resource capacity in approximately 1,000 primary schools throughout Nigeria. This will be accomplished through training of teachers and other education staff; creating a primary school environment conducive to teaching and learning; through renovation and refurbishing of schools; improving the quality and availability of instructional materials and distance education; through provision of books and instructional aids; and creating national awareness about AIDS, through support for an AIDS awareness program and development of curriculum for schools.
- Development Partners Support the Creation of Global Financing Facility to Advance Women’s and Children’s Health
- 73 Countries and Over 1,000 Businesses Speak Out in Support of a Price on Carbon
- World Bank Group to Nearly Double Funding in Ebola Crisis to $400 Million
- International Food Prices Hit Four-Year Low
- Speech by World Bank Group President Jim Yong Kim at Howard University: “Boosting Shared Prosperity”