LOANS & CREDITS
Nigeria: Second HIV/AIDS Program Development Project
- Rachel Mccolgan-Arnold
- Tel : (202) 458-5299
Washington DC, June 16, 2009—The World Bank's Board of Executive Directors today approved the following project.
IBRD Loan: US$255 million equivalent
Terms: Maturity = 35 years; Grace period = 10 years
Project ID: P066571
Project Description: The objective of the Second HIV/AIDS Program Development Project in Nigeria is to support the implementation of Universal Basic Education through strengthening human resource capacity in approximately 1,000 primary schools throughout Nigeria. This will be accomplished through training of teachers and other education staff; creating a primary school environment conducive to teaching and learning; through renovation and refurbishing of schools; improving the quality and availability of instructional materials and distance education; through provision of books and instructional aids; and creating national awareness about AIDS, through support for an AIDS awareness program and development of curriculum for schools.
- World Bank Group ready to provide financial support worth $15-18 billion over the next three years
- Youth Voices on Climate Change Take Times Square
- World Bank to Begin Discussions on Proposal to Strengthen Social and Environmental Safeguards
- Ebola: Tackling The Outbreak in West Africa
- Joint Vietnam-World Bank Group Study Will Seek Path for Higher Economic Growth