LOANS & CREDITS
Nigeria: Additional Financing for HIV/ AIDS Programme Development Project
- John Donaldson
- Tel : (202) 473-1367
Washington DC, May 22, 2007—The World Bank's Board of Executive Directors today approved the following project.
IDA CREDIT: US$50 million
TERMS: Grace Period = 10 years; Maturity = 40 years.
PROJECT DESCRIPTION: The additional funding will help finance the costs associated with the scaling up of the project from 14 to 35 states. It will assist in reducing the risk of HIV infections through behavior change and improving access to HIV/AIDS counseling, testing and care services. It will also strengthen care and support services, reduce stigmatization and build capacity at the national, state and community levels.
- Development Partners Support the Creation of Global Financing Facility to Advance Women’s and Children’s Health
- 73 Countries and Over 1,000 Businesses Speak Out in Support of a Price on Carbon
- World Bank Group to Nearly Double Funding in Ebola Crisis to $400 Million
- International Food Prices Hit Four-Year Low
- Speech by World Bank Group President Jim Yong Kim at Howard University: “Boosting Shared Prosperity”