LOANS & CREDITS
Nigeria: Additional Financing for HIV/ AIDS Programme Development Project
- John Donaldson
- Tel : (202) 473-1367
Washington DC, May 22, 2007—The World Bank's Board of Executive Directors today approved the following project.
IDA CREDIT: US$50 million
TERMS: Grace Period = 10 years; Maturity = 40 years.
PROJECT DESCRIPTION: The additional funding will help finance the costs associated with the scaling up of the project from 14 to 35 states. It will assist in reducing the risk of HIV infections through behavior change and improving access to HIV/AIDS counseling, testing and care services. It will also strengthen care and support services, reduce stigmatization and build capacity at the national, state and community levels.
- World Bank Group ready to provide financial support worth $15-18 billion over the next three years
- Youth Voices on Climate Change Take Times Square
- World Bank to Begin Discussions on Proposal to Strengthen Social and Environmental Safeguards
- Ebola: Tackling The Outbreak in West Africa
- Joint Vietnam-World Bank Group Study Will Seek Path for Higher Economic Growth