LOANS & CREDITS
Cape Verde: HIV/AIDS Project
- Timothy Carrington
- Tel : (202) 473 8133
Washington DC, December 19, 2006—The World Bank's Board of Executive Directors today approved the following project.
IDA CREDIT: US$5 million
TERMS:Grace Period=10 years; Maturity=40 years.
PROJECT DESCRIPTION: The main objective of the project is to provide additional funding for the ongoing HIV/AIDS project in Cape Verde. The original HIV/AIDS project approved in March 2002 aims to support the government’s national HIV/AIDS strategy to reduce the spread of HIV infection in the country. It also aims to strengthen national capacity to respond to the epidemic and to mitigate health and socio-economic impacts at the individual, household, and community levels. The proposed additional financing will help scale up key interventions and identify ways to ensure the sustainability of current efforts in the fight against HIV/AIDS.
- World Bank Group ready to provide financial support worth $15-18 billion over the next three years
- Youth Voices on Climate Change Take Times Square
- World Bank to Begin Discussions on Proposal to Strengthen Social and Environmental Safeguards
- Ebola: Tackling The Outbreak in West Africa
- Joint Vietnam-World Bank Group Study Will Seek Path for Higher Economic Growth