LOANS & CREDITS
Bhutan: First Development Policy Grant
- Erik Nora
- Tel : (202) 478-4735
Washington DC, May 25, 2006—The World Bank's Board of Executive Directors today approved the following project.
IDA GRANT: US$15 Million
PROJECT DESCRIPTION: The proposed first Development Policy Grant (DPG I) is in support of an ongoing reform program, which includes four components: (i) ensuring the maintenance of a sound macroeconomic framework, strengthening fiscal policy, and bolstering financial management; (ii) enhancing the investment climate for private sector growth and employment generation, (iii) augmenting the quality of and access to education; and (iv) improving health care.
- Development Partners Support the Creation of Global Financing Facility to Advance Women’s and Children’s Health
- 73 Countries and Over 1,000 Businesses Speak Out in Support of a Price on Carbon
- World Bank Group to Nearly Double Funding in Ebola Crisis to $400 Million
- International Food Prices Hit Four-Year Low
- Speech by World Bank Group President Jim Yong Kim at Howard University: “Boosting Shared Prosperity”