LOANS & CREDITS
Bhutan: First Development Policy Grant
- Erik Nora
- Tel : (202) 478-4735
Washington DC, May 25, 2006—The World Bank's Board of Executive Directors today approved the following project.
IDA GRANT: US$15 Million
PROJECT DESCRIPTION: The proposed first Development Policy Grant (DPG I) is in support of an ongoing reform program, which includes four components: (i) ensuring the maintenance of a sound macroeconomic framework, strengthening fiscal policy, and bolstering financial management; (ii) enhancing the investment climate for private sector growth and employment generation, (iii) augmenting the quality of and access to education; and (iv) improving health care.
- World Bank Group ready to provide financial support worth $15-18 billion over the next three years
- Youth Voices on Climate Change Take Times Square
- World Bank to Begin Discussions on Proposal to Strengthen Social and Environmental Safeguards
- Ebola: Tackling The Outbreak in West Africa
- Joint Vietnam-World Bank Group Study Will Seek Path for Higher Economic Growth