The World Bank invites Tanzanian schoolchildren between the ages of 7 – 15 to participate in an art/drawing contest. The winning entry will be featured as the cover artwork for an upcoming World Bank report on jobs in Tanzania.
The winner will also have his/her picture and bio featured inside the cover page of the report, along with Sh1,000,000. The first runner up will win Sh650,000, and the second runner up will win Sh350,000.
The contest ends April 17, 2014.
Rules & Guidelines
- The contest is open to schoolchildren between 7 – 15 years old to work individually or in teams of no more than three people
- Participants are expected to use their hands to paint, draw or sketch artwork with the theme of “Jobs for All Tanzanians.” You can use pens, pencils, crayons, charcoal, oil, acrylic paint, or water color to create your artwork.
- All artwork must be done on A4 or A3 paper
- All submissions can be mailed, emailed or delivered to the World Bank Tanzania Office:
The World Bank
50 Mirambo Street
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
- Please include your full name, age, birthdate including the year, gender and full address, phone number and email (if available) on the back of your submission.
- All artwork must be original and not plagiarized in any way. Works that have been shown or accepted somewhere else will not be accepted, and allegations of plagiarism will be the sole responsibility of the contestant.
- Any artwork that features a particular person, organization or brand name will not be accepted.
- Submissions should be postmarked or received on or before April 17, 2014. Entries arriving after the deadline will not be accepted.
- No words or descriptions should be on the artwork itself.
Please note: The World Bank will retain copyrights of the winning artwork, which will also be displayed online. Contest winners will be announced within two weeks of the deadline.
Questions? Please email email@example.com for more information. Good luck!