Call for Applications to the Joint Japan World Bank Graduate (JJ/WBG) Scholarships Program
March 13, 2014
For developing country applicants: To apply for the JJ/WBGSP scholarship you must be a developing country nationals working in the public sector, or in a development related job, and have between 3 years and 20 years of full time, paid, work experience, with at least 3 recent years of work related to development of your country. Most importantly, you must commit to returning home to your country on graduation in order to use your enhanced knowledge and skills towards your community’s, country’s or region’s development. Those receiving a scholarship are barred from working at the World Bank Group for three years following graduation from the preferred masters program.
If you think you fit our profile then take a look below at the Application Guidelines complete lists of eligibility requirements, and the list of preferred masters programs and partner masters programs associated with this scholarship.
There are two ways citizens of developing countries can apply for this scholarship:
- For scholarships to one of our partner masters programs, please first apply to at least one of our partner university masters programs. The university will send the JJ/WBGSP Secretariat a short list of eligible candidates that have been accepted by the partner program, and the JJ/WBGSP Steering Committee will award scholarships to a subset of the short-listed applicants.
- For scholarships to one of our preferred masters programs, you need to apply to the university to get accepted into the program and also apply directly to JJ/WBGSP for the scholarship. The deadline for JJ/WBGSP scholarship applications for the academic year 2014-15 is March 27, 2014, 12 noon EST.
To begin the web-based application process for a scholarship to one of our preferred masters programs, we recommend that you:
- Review the Application Guidelines and FAQs posted below. Please note that we will be accepting applications only in English or in the language of the preferred master program you would attend.
- Log-into the Web-based Application using the link below to create an online application. Refer to Accessing the Online Application document as needed.
- Begin entering the requested documentation on the on-line application using the Navigating the Online Application document posted below.
Inquiries regarding JJWBGSP or the application process can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- World Bank Group ready to provide financial support worth $15-18 billion over the next three years
- Youth Voices on Climate Change Take Times Square
- World Bank to Begin Discussions on Proposal to Strengthen Social and Environmental Safeguards
- Ebola: Tackling The Outbreak in West Africa
- Joint Vietnam-World Bank Group Study Will Seek Path for Higher Economic Growth