The main objective of the public engagements for the Country Partnership Framework is to identify critical areas where the World Bank Group support would have the biggest impact in promoting sustainable poverty reduction and shared prosperity in Thailand.
Engagement meetings will be conducted with a wide range of stakeholders, including:
- Government agencies: Ministries in Bangkok and local government officers across Thailand
- Development partners: UN agencies and other multilateral and bilateral organizations
- Civil society organizations (CSOs): Non-profit organizations and associations, foundations, labor groups, think tanks, academia and research groups
- Private sector: Representative from the business sector, The Federation of Thai Industries (provincial chapters), The Thai Chamber of Commerce (provincial chapters) small and medium enterprises
LOCATION AND PARTICIPANTS
The engagements will take place in four regions representing the Northern, Northeastern, Southern and Bangkok areas.
- Khon Kaen: Udon Thani, Nongkhai, Chaiyaphum, Maha Sarakham, Kalasin, Khon Kaen
- Songkhla: Phathalung, Songkhla, Satun, Pattani, Yala and Narathiwat
- Chiang Mai: Chiang Mai, Mae Hong Son, Chiang Rai, Lampang, Phayao and Lamphun
The engagement will include face-to-face meetings across Thailand to enable participation by a wide range of stakeholders.
The face-to-face meetings will include a mix of plenary and small group presentations and discussions. Simultaneous translations will be provided.
In addition, the engagement web page will be created to include background materials that interested stakeholders can use to provide their input and to inform participants of the timeline. Stakeholders can send their feedback and input by e-mail to the World Bank office in Bangkok, firstname.lastname@example.org, or through the World Bank Thailand Facebook page.
The engagements with development partners in Bangkok will be conducted in English. Other face-to-face engagements will be conducted in Thai with simultaneous translation.
INVITATIONS AND BACKGROUND MATERIALS
Invitations and relevant background materials are in Thai except for the development partner session in Bangkok.
Meeting summaries, in both Thai and English, will be posted on the Thailand engagement web page.