The World Bank Group supports India’s efforts to achieve growth of more than eight percent with a focus on promoting greater resource efficiency. Through a multi-sectoral approach, the World Bank Group seeks results that will contribute to improved productivity, better use of natural and physical resources, and increased resilience for India’s economy and people. In particular, the World Bank Group supports India in its global leadership role of developing renewable energy and disaster resilient infrastructure. Major aspects of resource efficiency also will help India achieve its nationally defined contributions to address global climate change. Key objectives include:
- Promoting more resource-efficient, inclusive and diversified growth in the rural sector;
- Improving living conditions and sustainability of cities;
- Improving management systems for controlling air pollution;
- Increasing access to sustainable energy; and,
- Improving disaster risk management and resilience to climate change.