The World Bank Group supports India’s efforts to strengthen key enablers for enhancing India’s competitiveness and job creation to meet the challenge of 13 million additional people entering the working age population every year, and the need for greater inclusivity in employment, particularly for women. A more enabling business environment is needed to unshackle the private sector, the engine of growth and job creation. Key objectives include:
- Improving the business environment and select firm capabilities;
- Increasing resilience of the financial sector and financial inclusion;
- Improving connectivity and logistics;
- Increasing access to quality, market-relevant skills development; and,
- Enabling access to more quality jobs for women.