World Bank Group and IMF to Hold 2015 Annual Meetings in Lima, Peru
September 14, 2012
The 2015 Annual Meetings of the World Bank Group and the International Monetary Fund will take place in Lima, Peru, in October 2015, following a vote by the Boards of Governors of the two institutions.
The Annual Meetings—which bring together ministers of finance and central bank governors from the institutions’ 188 member countries—provide a unique opportunity for a broad dialogue on issues of global economic importance. They serve to discuss international economic and financial developments, the state of the global economy, and policies to reduce poverty and promote inclusive economic growth.
The Annual Meetings also provide a forum for civil society, the private sector, academics and others to engage in discussions on economic issues.
The last time the Annual Meetings were held in Latin America was in 1967 in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- Development Partners Support the Creation of Global Financing Facility to Advance Women’s and Children’s Health
- 73 Countries and Over 1,000 Businesses Speak Out in Support of a Price on Carbon
- World Bank Group to Nearly Double Funding in Ebola Crisis to $400 Million
- International Food Prices Hit Four-Year Low
- Speech by World Bank Group President Jim Yong Kim at Howard University: “Boosting Shared Prosperity”