A security perimeter will be established around the World Bank MC and IMF HQ1 and HQ2 buildings. When the perimeter is in place, access will be limited to those carrying World Bank or IMF staff photo IDs or Spring Meetings badges.
Visitor passes will not be issued from Friday, April 12, until Sunday, April 14.
A Spring Meetings registration badge or World Bank Group/IMF staff ID is required for access inside the security perimeter and entry into all meetings venues. All visitors, including Spring Meetings badge holders, will be subject to magnetometer and x-ray screening. From Friday, April 12, until Sunday, April 14, all persons, including World Bank and IMF staff, will be screened at perimeter entry points, and should plan enough time for this process.
Spring Meetings badges will allow participants to access buildings from Monday, April 8, until Sunday, April 14. Delegates (only) will be allowed access to the buildings through Friday, April 19 with their Spring Meetings badge. All persons planning to come to the World Bank or IMF buildings to attend a Spring Meetings event should register.
Press badges grant access to the press room, press conferences and press briefings. Members of the press must be accompanied by a staff escort within office areas at all times.
Some meetings and events may have additional access restrictions. Participants will be notified in advance of any special requirements.
- In an emergency, the buildings may be evacuated or you may be told to remain indoors until the situation has been resolved. In either instance, you will be notified by public address announcement, messages on digital signage/video monitors, or by security personnel.
- Visibly display your Meetings registration badge at all times inside the venues. Keep your registration badge in a secure place when outside the security perimeter, but readily accessible in order to display upon request at security checkpoints.
- If you lose your badge, immediately notify Spring Meetings staff.
- Do not leave laptops, mobile phones, or other personal items unattended.
- Avoid areas where crowds are congregating. If your entry into the buildings is impeded by demonstrators, seek assistance from security or police.
- Accept, without comment, printed materials offered by demonstrators; do not engage in conversations or debates.
- Obey the instructions of police and security officers at all times.