Sector Vice Presidencies were responsible for coordinating and guiding the work of sector departments, the units responsible for sector policy and best practice development, staff training, special assignments, and other non-operational activities. Sector Networks succeeded the VPs in 1997 and, in addition to the functions of their predecessors, were responsible for establishing and maintaining links between Bank-wide communities of staff based on sector.
Fonds descriptions in bold have been described to the series level. The series-level description organizes the records of each fonds around a particular function of the records creator. Each series-level description provides a detailed scope and content and links to folder-level inventories of the records in that series.
- Environmentally and Socially Sustainable Development Network (1998-2006)
- Environmentally Sustainable Development Vice Presidency (1993-1997)
- Finance and Private Sector Development Vice Presidency (1993-1997)
- Finance, Private Sector Development, and Infrastructure Network (1997-1999)
- Finance Sector Vice Presidency (1999-2006)
- Human Development Network (1997-2014)
- Human Resources Development and Operations Policy Vice Presidency (1993-1997)
- Poverty Reduction and Economic Management Network (1997-2014)
- Private Sector and Infrastructure Vice Presidency (1999-2003)
- Private Sector Development Vice Presidency (2003-2007)
- Sector Policy and Research Vice Presidency (PREVP) and the Sector and Operations Policy Vice Presidency (OSPVP) (1987-1993)