Learn how the World Bank Group is helping countries with COVID-19 (coronavirus).
With 189 member countries, staff from more than 170 countries, and offices in over 130 locations, the World Bank Group is a unique global partnership: five institutions working for sustainable solutions that reduce poverty and build shared prosperity in developing countries.
The World Bank Group works in every major area of development. We provide a wide array of financial products and technical assistance, and we help countries share and apply innovative knowledge and solutions to the challenges they face.
We face big challenges to help the world’s poorest people and ensure that everyone sees benefits from economic growth. Data and research help us understand these challenges and set priorities, share knowledge of what works, and measure progress.
- How communities in Tonga work together for healthier, longer lives
- Building sustainable financing and resilient systems for health security in East Asia and the Pacific
- Tonga’s tobacco taxes
- Making Health dollars go further in the Pacific
- Better Spending, Better Care: A look at Haiti’s Health Financing
- Lao PDR’s transition on the path to Universal Health Coverage
A midwife provides growth monitoring and promotion services to ethnic minority children in rural Cambodia. (Photo by Dominic Chavez/Global Financing Facility)