In addition to the plenary session, Development Committee and International Monetary and Finance Committee events, the World Bank Group and the IMF organize and host a number of related meetings of groups of country delegations, such as the G-20, G-24, Commonwealth, BRICS, the Program of Events, the Civil Society Policy Forum (CSPF) and other events beginning on Monday, October 14. Unless listed as an "open" event, admission to meetings is restricted by registration category, credentials, and/or invitations.
Open, Open to Press, or By Invitation Only
- Open: The Program of Events (Seminars) and Civil Society Policy Forum (with the exception of the CSO Roundtable) are open to all registered Annual Meetings participants and invited Bank/Fund staff.
- Open to Press: Press Events and Regional/Economic briefings are aimed at the media, and only Press may attend. The schedule can be filtered to view Press events.
- By Invitation Only: Meetings related to official WBG/IMF business, Ministerial Meetings, Roundtable Discussions, and High-Level fora, are by invitation only. Smaller business meetings (such as partners' meetings and technical briefings) will be held throughout the venues and are not intended for, nor open to, all registered Annual Meetings participants.
The Plenary Session will be held on Friday, October 18. The agenda of the Plenary Session will be:
- A statement by the Annual Meetings Chair, Minister Aiyaz Sayed-Khaiyum, Attorney General and Minister for Economy, Public Enterprises, Civil Service and Communications, Fiji
- Annual Address by David Malpass, President, World Bank Group
- Annual Address by Kristalina Georgieva, Managing Director, International Monetary Fund
To view all Governor Statements, click here.
Program of Events
The Program of Events constitutes events focused on key institutional priority topics and will run from Monday, October 14, through Sunday, October 20.
Civil Society Policy Forum
The Civil Society Policy Forum (CSPF) provides an open opportunity for Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) to dialogue and exchange views with the Bank and Fund staff, their peers, government delegations, and other stakeholders. The forum is composed of sessions on a wide range of topics, which are open to all Annual Meetings attendees.