Around the world, women are farmers – whether they are responsible for managing small garden plots for family food security or commercial agriculture and value-added products (dairy, processed horticulture, honey, etc.) - but few if any governments provide tailored programs for women farmers, and many governments fail to see women in agriculture as farmers. In sub-Saharan Africa, for example, it is estimated that more than 60 percent of all employed women work in agriculture and that women supply about 40 percent of total agricultural labor. Yet relative to their male counterparts, female farmers face disproportionate barriers hindering their productivity and incomes, such as weaker land rights and poorer access to labor and non-labor inputs, as well as information and finance, and they can be subject to social norms discouraging their participation in agricultural markets.
About Open Learning Campus
All registered users of OLC can experience its impact of new features. If you are already registered with OLC you can directly sign in to the new system. If you are a new user then do register to avail of the dynamic learning opportunities from WBG to deepen your knowledge and skills on a variety of development related topics. For example, you will have access to timely resources such as:
- Ted like video talks
- Formal learnings (i.e., Self-paced courses/Facilitated Courses/MOOCs)
- Live events and Knowledge Exchanges
- Communities of Practice
You will have access to an extensive catalog of resources through which you can search and discover relevant learning materials.
How to Access the Course Content
To access the course content, please follow the below registration steps:
- Open https://wbg.edcast.com/
- Navigate to “No account?” and select “Create one!”. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Enter the code that you received via email at the “Enter Code” field. Select “Sign in” to continue with the next step.
- Fill in your First and Last Names and select a preferred communication language. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Select up to five learning goals. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Select up to five skills. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Congratulations and welcome to OLC! Select "First Things First" to start your learning journey!