The global transport sector faces ongoing challenges amid the coronavirus pandemic and increased urgency for climate action. But there are also new opportunities emerging to create transport systems that are better for people and the planet. Transport networks and services connect people and businesses around the world, but these systems are vulnerable to a broad range of climate change-induced hazards that are becoming more frequent and severe. In addition, the transport sector is a critical contributor to planet-warming greenhouse gas emissions. In 2018, the transport sector contributed over 16% of global GHG emissions, with another 3% coming from bunker fuels used in aviation and maritime trade. Transport is also one of the fastest growing sectors in terms of GHG emissions, which are predicted to increase by as much as 60% by 2050 if no action is taken. We are committed to utilizing the digital format to gather and engage with an even more diverse audience from across the globe and to offer more resources on pressing development issues related to sustainable transportation and mobility.
About Open Learning Campus
All registered users of OLC can experience its impact of new features. If you are already registered with OLC you can directly sign in to the new system. If you are a new user then do register to avail of the dynamic learning opportunities from WBG to deepen your knowledge and skills on a variety of development related topics. For example, you will have access to timely resources such as:
- Ted like video talks
- Formal learnings (i.e., Self-paced courses/Facilitated Courses/MOOCs)
- Live events and Knowledge Exchanges
- Communities of Practice
You will have access to an extensive catalog of resources through which you can search and discover relevant learning materials.
How to Access the Course Content
To access the course content, please follow the below registration steps:
- Open https://wbg.edcast.com/
- Navigate to “No account?” and select “Create one!”. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Enter the code that you received via email at the “Enter Code” field. Select “Sign in” to continue with the next step.
- Fill in your First and Last Names and select a preferred communication language. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Select up to five learning goals. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Select up to five skills. Select “Next” to continue with the next step.
- Congratulations and welcome to the OLC! You’ll find additional tips and suggestions inside the “Welcome to the Open Learning Campus” channel at the top of the home page.